Thursday, July 08, 2010

Torch Trail Day 4

I have found myself encouraged and blessed by the staff here at Torch Trail.  In a short time I have found myself impressed and forming friendships with some of people here.  John the director is someone that I have great confidence in as a leader for this camp, and would have felt much better leaving it in his hands when we all left.  In fact, I might have continued working here if he was at the lead then.  Tyler the programmer, is someone who would have fit in well with our programming staff.  The cabin leaders have a bond and friendship that remind me of my friends.  The last day and half, Rachelle and I have enjoyed hanging out in various locations visiting and being encouraged by these people.  Even though the faces are almost completely different (Tim and Heidi are still here), it's felt like old times a bit today. I wouldn't be surprised if I find myself volunteering here sometime or I would probably jump at the opportunity to speak again.  I would encourage any of the former staff I served with to come check it out as well.

No comments: