Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Nelson Lake Vacation = rain

It happened again; I'm at the lake for vacation and its raining. It's been this way for as long as I can remember; I don't really remember being at the lake on vacation and thinking, "Wow, it's hot out here!"  When I was a kid, it was pretty epic sometimes.  One time I remember being out in Calgary and it continued to pour and pour.  To make matters worse we were in this wide open field of a campground with the major highway in front of us, train tracks behind us, and planes taking off over us.  When mom and dad finally broke down and decided to get a hotel we couldn't, because it was Stampede week and nothing was available.  A lot of our vacation pictures are usually us soaking wet.  Fast forward many years to today.  I'm at Waskesieu for the week and it's raining, just like it did last year when I was here for the week.  I'm seriously thinking I'm cursed.  Or perhaps the way I walk is a subtle version of the raindance; that might actually be it.  Whenever I got to sit on my butt lots and not do much work; it's gorgeous out.  This is why when I go on vacation I pack alot of books, videogames, or my laptop to find a internet hotspot.  What else am I going to do?  Go fishing, swimming, or just bask in the sun?  I'm a Nelson on vacation, we don't do that.

1 comment:

Jay Nelson said...

Yeah, Michelle and I are magnets for hurricanes and tropical storms. . . just missed one in Mexico while we were there! It never fails. I was just telling Michelle the Balzac story the other day!!