Wednesday, June 06, 2012

Please Rain

I never thought I would utter such words as, "Please Rain.", but you see it is quite necessary.  Now that I live in Caronport, I have relinquished my house in Birch Hills and in exchange I live in a trailer; a trailer that was built in the 1960's that knows nothing of modern building standards.  This trailer is also situated in the middle of the flat prairie with one meager tree for coverage.  Essentially, considering what I live in and where it is, I live in an Easy-Bake oven; with the usual south-prairie winds it is a convection Easy-Bake oven.  And so while my plea in years past has been for rain to stay-away, to not dampen my events as a youth co-ordinator or a camp program co-ordinator, I welcome rain.  I long for the fresh shower to dampen the ground, and cool the air.  I would gladly endure days of rain, rather than slow-roast at 350 degrees and baste in my sweat.  I am a large Scandanavian man who was not genetically geared to humidity and sticky heat.  I marvel at least in the ability to own an air conditioner which I have set-up in my bedroom.  So while my house is an Easy-Bake, my bedroom has become the walk-in fridge used to preserve my body from spoiling in the heat, and to maintain some comfort to be able to sleep.  How did the pioneers survive?

No comments: