Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Remember to brush twice a day


Isn't she a beauty? You are looking at the 3rd tooth I have had extracted in the last month. I have unofficially become the poster-boy for what happens if you don't properly take care of your teeth on a regular basis. This particular tooth was the one that was giving me the most problems; intense pain, swelling of my face, pus in my gums. The picture is a little blurred (cellphone camera), but the dark circle in the middle of the tooth is a hole that goes into the middle of the tooth. The other unique thing is that it has 3 roots (2 on the leftside, one in my fingers) and it was a test of strength to pull out. The other tooth they pulled was way in the back and was unusually curved making it difficult as well to pull; so my neck was killing me after over 1 hour of teeth jerking action. Big thanks to my friend Laura-lee Martin for pulling the teeth. She's a student at the dental school in PA and has been very professional in her extraction of 3 teeth. If you haven't heard of the dental school; it's a great thing. The local dentist gave me an aproximation of $180- $400 for the work I have done so far, and at the school it has cost me $0. Sometimes you're on display for other students, but it is really nothing. But the best way to save money and your teeth is to brush, floss, and use mouthwash on a regular basis.

4 comments:

Jay&Michelle said...

I said it once, I'll say it again. . . Adam that's gross. . . I wish when they pulled my tooth I could've kept it . . .:(

The Erickson Family said...

UGH... that is disgusting! Only you would post something like this! :o) Funny!

the reids said...

nice tripod tooth

Anonymous said...

ummm ewwwww
Tamera-MLBC staff