Saturday, August 26, 2006

Cars: One of the side-effects on sin and the fall of man

I have always had the worst luck with cars. I bought a car that had a hole in the engine once and leaked 4 litres of oil a week. Two of my most mechanically sound vehicles were totaled off in accidents that weren't my fault. I finally thought my luck was changing when I married Rachelle and inherited the Acura Vigor. Well this week I had a flat tire, my air conditioner went dead, and yesterday I pulled into a parking lot with a trail of anti-freeze following me. Well, it would be easy to be down on my luck and curse my car, but lemons do make lemonaide.

The cool thing with the flat tire was someone went out of their way to get an aircompressor to fill our tire until we could get home and change it, and then a friend of mine was kind enough to bring my tire home for me since I couldn't. And with the anti-freeze one of the first faces we saw was a family friend who is quite knowledgable with cars, and some complete strangers gave us anti-freeze. It is so cool how God provides through little things. Even in some sucky situations: God shines. Hopefully you can see God shine through your day whether it is something cool or something that bites.

1 comment:

the reids said...

At this moment I am thinking that it will soon be your birthday,therefore I am going to wish you a warm and heartfelt Happy Birhtday in advance. In this way I will ensure that you do not go yet another year with your best and coolest uncle forgetting a very special day in your life. In which case I would be a lame and despised uncle...heaven forbid. HAPPY BIRHTDAY!
Love you, Dobby