Monday, September 18, 2006

MadgeLake Refresh: Consumed

This past weekend I was at Madge Lake Bible Camp, and for those of you who read this blog regular you might remember how impressed I was last time I was there.(see August archives) I was there to speak again, this time for their fall youth retreat called "Refreshed" The theme was "Consumed" focusing on Galatians 2:20 - "I no longer live, but Christ lives in me." God was awesome this weekend for many reasons:
1) I got to share the Word with youth - I won't lie it has been hard not being able to live my passion for youth and watch them from afar in BH. Sharing God's Word is not only good for those you share with, but for me it keeps me alert in my faith and deep in God's Word. God was doing great things in the hearts of the youth there. Our Sunday morning service was almost 3 hours long, and no one thought it seemed longer than usual. Praise God for allowing me to be part of something cool like that.

2) Like coming home - Even though I have only been to Madge just over a week total it feels very familiar and welcoming when I am there and the main reason is the people. Ryan and his staff have received from day one and treated me like I was one of their own. Ryan himself is my brother in Christ and shares alot of the same ideas and passions as I do; he's been super encouraging as he has endured some of the same struggles when he was a youth pastor. A lot of the people there are from Roblyn, Manitoba. If Rachelle had to up and leave BH all of a sudden I think we would move to Roblyn just because of the warmth and connection we felt from the people there.

3) I still have use - Even though people tell me over and over, "You're not done."; it's hard to believe it sometimes. But I was reminded this weekend of the promises God made to me when he called me into ministry and I am still gifted to serve His purpose. It's amazing how God can take mere words of paper and give them life in the hearts of people.

It was awesome and I look forward to the next event God has in store.

ps. If someone reads this could they humor me with a comment, no-one has commented on my blog for ever and I'm starting to wonder if anyone reads it.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

i do read....keep the stories coming.

Glad you came away from the weekend feeing refreshed and renewed.

the reids said...

adam, we check your blog regularly....the lack of comments goes both ways!

Jason said...

I check your blog a few times a day.

Jay&Michelle said...

I check it almost everyday too!!

Anonymous said...

hahahhaa! I'm a MLBC staff and its awesome to hear how great you thought the camp was and stuff. You werea really great speaker, (possibly the best one we had this year) and it was great having you. Thanks for the encouragement.

Anonymous said...

Hey Adam!
Well i as well am one of the MLBC staff and id just like to tell you that you are an amazing speaker! You are so down to earth and that is exactly what the campers need (as well as the staff) Thank you so much! You have encouraged me so much! Keep up the good work
God Bless

Anonymous said...

hey adam! i'm an mlbc staff and i just wanna tell u that u did such an awesum job speakin and all the campers luved u...by the way it spelled Roblin lol