Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Lost in time which is dragging slow

If you were to see me in the street and ask me what's the date, what the day of the week is, or what time it is chances are I would not know and would have to think about it. For those of you who don't know I am currently unemployed and living on EI (pogey, newfie pay etc). To many men EI is somewhat of a dream; I mean who wouldn't want to get a paycheck and not go to work and at first I was one of those who thought it would be cool. But now I am starting to go crazy! Days just blend into the other, and they just drag on. I have become the happy home-maker. I am gaining weight and becoming a slob. And I am bored!
I'm sure most of you are like, "Well get a job then!" Not that easy. My EI is slightly more than a full-time minimum-wage, so just getting any job doesn't make any sense; I have bills to pay, specifically student loan payments. I can't even work a little bit because it may jeopardize my EI claim. I need to find a job that would pay just as much or more to quit the EI, and it either seems that they are in Alberta or I am not qualified. It will be interesting to see how it turns out in the spring. I actually looking forward to having a lot of time to help with Basketball; hopefully I won't go crazy before season begins.

5 comments:

Half n' Half said...

I know the feeling of days running into each other. Some days when I was unemployed I felt that way.
Erin

Jay&Michelle said...

Adam, you could always come and work with me at BP's. . . that would be fun, huh? Actually, I hate my job so I'm sure it would suck for you too. You wanna form a lottery pool then we could pay off our debts and then do whatever we wanted.

Anonymous said...

hey adam...dun worry we'll be prayin 4 ya over here...
tamera...mlbc staff

Jason said...

Just make sure you call me up for that lottery pool.

Anonymous said...

Hey Adam, it's Wilton. Reading your post I can't help but notice once again how ironic life is: to me, having time off work and getting free money seems awesome, meanwhile you can't wait to get a job and be working again. Like you already described in the post. I just think life is so weird that way.

Anyway, best of luck searching for that elusive status called 'gainful employment.' I haven't quite succeeded in this area yet but at least I'm working a bit....

Hope you find something soon bro. No doubt once you do get working you'll be so busy you'll be pining for the good 'ol days of pogey. (doh)