Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Goodbye 27, a roller coaster age

Yesterday was my birthday (doh! to all of you who forgot) Since I was 24 I have felt that birthdays are hype and over-dramatic days that we celebrate surviving mortality. The natural thing to do is to recall the past year and look ahead. Looking back I don't know what to think of the age of 27. On the upside: I got engaged and married to the love of my life, I've made some new friends, I had some awesome experiences of God working through ministry, I drive an Acura, I lost 30 pounds this last winter, Was part of a basketball team that made it to Hoopla. These are some of the highlights. On the other hand: My health put me in a condition of someone much older, my dream job was ripped out of my hands and most people have the impression that I chose to leave, I am jobless, I have been isolated from the youth I care about, people around the community act like I have a disease when I am around.
It has really been a roller coaster this year. Despite all that has happened, good and bad, my God still rules all and holds all things in His hand, and all I can do is trust in Him for the future.

No comments: