Friday, June 09, 2006

Duct Tape Fest


Friday was Duct Tape Fest! An evening of games and events celebrating Canada'a favorite tool. We had bowling with duct tape rolls; we had races balancing duct tape on the head; we had the classic three-legged race(above) with you guessed it, duct tape. Kyle Jensen proved he had a steady arm and a focused mind when he outdid the others by holding a jumbo role of duct tape out in front of him for 6 minutes. (I personally probably wouldn't last 3 minutes). The highlight of the night was probably the "Fly on the Wall" (below)

The girls were taped up for 15 minutes, and probably could have stayed up there for hours, but our impatience cut them down. The other cool thing was that a few people showed up with items made of duct tape. There were some cool things, but Kymmie (did I spell it right?) stole the show with her handbag made of duct tape; she even had a rose on it made of red duct tape! Totally cool! She could easily make a few of those and sell them; but remember I get 5% as your manager. Tommorrow, a group of us are going paintballing. I hope I won't get to bruised up. Sunday night, I could be preaching my last sermon in BH at the Baccelareaut service at Lake Park 7:00pm. A busy weekend, but that's the way we like it in the RYSC youthgroup.

2 comments:

the reids said...

Hey Adam,
Cool event, you do way cooler things than I did when I was youth pastor....maybe cooler isn't the right word, you do way....differenter things than I did when I was the youth pastor.
Dobby

Anonymous said...

hey adam!
haha you did spell my name right! its ok lots of people get it wrong! i had so much fun on friday and thank-you for putting you time into the event! we will discuss the 5% later! haha